Terms & Conditions For Attending Prickly Nut Wood
For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions any course, demonstration, tour, open day or any kind of visit by a member of the public is hereafter known as an event. Likewise any visitor to Prickly Nut Wood is hereafter known as the PARTICIPANT.
At all events conducted at Prickly Nut Wood, reasonable care is taken to prevent serious injury and to minimise accidents.
- The PARTICIPANT states that he/she is fully aware that Prickly Nut Wood is a working woodland and upon entering Prickly Nut Wood the PARTICIPANT hereby agrees to accept full responsibility and assume all risks, including those caused by act of God, of injury, death and/or loss to his/her person and/or property, knowingly and voluntarily.
- The PARTICIPANT agrees to obey the rules and regulations Prickly Nut Wood puts into effect to minimize any risks.
- Prickly Nut Wood reserves the right to remove any PARTICIPANT at Prickly Nut Wood’s discretion, if the PARTICIPANT’s conduct is abusive or inappropriate.
- The PARTICIPANT knowingly, voluntarily and irrevocably waives any and all past, present and/or future claims, demands and courses of action which the PARTICIPANT now has or may have in the future against all owners, officers, employees, agents, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or other participants while on the premises of Prickly Nut Wood for the purpose of instruction and/or future injuries while participating in any event at Prickly Nut Wood. The PARTICIPANT certifies that he/she is physically capable to enter Prickly Nut Wood and accepts the natural events, landscape, rigors and dangers inherent in such an undertaking.
- Prickly Nut Wood reserves the right to alter dates of any event if this becomes necessary and will endeavor to inform relevant parties as soon as practicable. The PARTICIPANT accepts that the balance of all fees must be paid four weeks prior to the commencement date of the event booked. Bookings made within this period must be accompanied by payment in full, unless otherwise agreed by Prickly Nut Wood in writing.
- The PARTICIPANT is aware that cancellation by the PARTICIPANT, for any reason, will incur the minimum of the forfeit of the deposit. If the full event fee has been paid for and cancellation takes place 4 weeks prior to the start of the event, cancellation will incur a fee of 25% of the full cost and the balance will be refunded provided a replacement can be found. If no replacement can be found, cancellation will incur a fee of the full cost of the event, or the PARTICIPANT will have the opportunity to incur a 25% of the full cost of the event fee and book onto another course of the same price for one occasion only.
- If cancellation is within 4 weeks of the start of the event, the PARTICIPANT will incur a fee of the full amount of the event.
- Deposits are only taken for Roundwood Timber Framing Course events, all other events are pay in full at the time of booking.
- These conditions are subject to English Law.
BIO-SECURITY MEASURES AT PRICKLY NUT WOOD:
Due to the increased risk of a number of tree diseases in the United Kingdom, Prickly Nut Wood is adhering to recommended Bio-security measures. To comply with Bio-security requirements please ensure you arrive in a thoroughly washed and cleaned change of footwear for your visit to Prickly Nut Wood.